Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Zone League 1

Quote Originally Posted by Zonal Marking View Post
    Brains never really was your strong point was it FR?

Not sure how having a light hearted jab at 6-7 (possibly more?) new 1st grade signings has managed to upset the stalwarts and old boys so much that I will require the missing pieces to be filled in by them.

I hadn?t even realised I had insulted them with my comments? Or is it just you carrying on as a drama queen as per usual?
    No mention of anyone being upset sweetheart, we just want to make sure you have all the answers you seem to be missing, you have a strange way of saying thank you after we offered you help

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    No mention of anyone being upset sweetheart, we just want to make sure you have all the answers you seem to be missing, you have a strange way of saying thank you after we offered you help
    No mention of anyone not being upset either and just going off the context of your many many many previous posts full of incessant whining and carrying on hopefully you do forgive me if I have misinterpreted your most recent one. Now the air has been cleared though I just might venture down to Tiger park on Saturday and take up your offer of help. It comes in the form of beer yeah?
    Last edited by Zonal Marking; 18-06-2024 at 06:22 PM.

No mention of anyone not being upset either and just going off the context of your many many many previous posts full of incessant whining and carrying on hopefully you do forgive me if I have misinterpreted your most recent one. Now the air has been cleared though I just might venture down to Tiger park on Saturday and take up your offer of help. It comes in the form of beer yeah?
    Always beer whilst cheering the tigers, come early for your answers before it takes effect

my shout Zonal

Brains never really was your strong point was it FR?

Not sure how having a light hearted jab at 6-7 (possibly more?) new 1st grade signings has managed to upset the stalwarts and old boys so much that I will require the missing pieces to be filled in by them.

I hadn?t even realised I had insulted them with my comments? Or is it just you carrying on as a drama queen as per usual?
    Forever Reds post was out of line, it portrayed violence. We have enough hero's in the community that think they are Connor McGregor.

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    Forever Reds post was out of line, it portrayed violence. We have enough hero's in the community that think they are Connor McGregor.
    Cry me a river please, it was an extended invitation to answer his questions, you are delusional,

ok so lets get back to the football.
    suns v kot 1st only
    4-2
    suns v uni 3rds only
    1-2

I am assuming most if not all teams are playing this midweek while dry considering the backlog.
    I know Swansea and Dudley play tonight and Dudley won both lower grades last night. Unsure of the scores

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    ok so lets get back to the football.
    suns v kot 1st only
    4-2
    suns v uni 3rds only
    1-2
    My inside mail tells me that the students took advantage of the stand alone 3rd grade fixture and both of their goal scorers are regular first grade starters.

Nothing illegal and no rules broken but you gotta feel a bit for the Suns thirds lads who have been the standout team so far in that competition. They probably just feel its a shame they wont get to return the favour

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Cry me a river please, it was an extended invitation to answer his questions, you are delusional,
    lol

My inside mail tells me that the students took advantage of the stand alone 3rd grade fixture and both of their goal scorers are regular first grade starters.

Nothing illegal and no rules broken but you gotta feel a bit for the Suns thirds lads who have been the standout team so far in that competition. They probably just feel its a shame they wont get to return the favour
    Unfortunately with the Firsts and Reserves fixtures not being played until July 9th and that being the middle of Uni break we had no other choice than to field players who would be away during that period.. just means we?ll have regular third graders playing up into Reserves.

Quote Originally Posted by UniMen View Post
    Unfortunately with the Firsts and Reserves fixtures not being played until July 9th and that being the middle of Uni break we had no other choice than to field players who would be away during that period.. just means we?ll have regular third graders playing up into Reserves.
    No judgement here. I understand you gotta do what you gotta do.

Could you not just play your regular 3rd graders last night and then have them play Res in a month as well? Im not quite up to date with the rules. Can you start 3rd grade and then start Res as long as it is in that order? Or are players prohibited from being in the starting lineup for consecutive matches?

Regardless, apparently the players in question last night were named amongst the substitutes so I believe that means that they would be eligible to start the matches in July?

No judgement here. I understand you gotta do what you gotta do.

Could you not just play your regular 3rd graders last night and then have them play Res in a month as well? Im not quite up to date with the rules. Can you start 3rd grade and then start Res as long as it is in that order? Or are players prohibited from being in the starting lineup for consecutive matches?

Regardless, apparently the players in question last night were named amongst the substitutes so I believe that means that they would be eligible to start the matches in July?
    The rule is you can only start 1 grade in the same Round.

No way of tracking who was a substitute or started in Squadi though which is a bit of a poor system in my opinion. Clubs social media posts probably shouldn?t be the place to track who?s starting and who?s a substitute.

Quote Originally Posted by UniMen View Post
    The rule is you can only start 1 grade in the same Round.

No way of tracking who was a substitute or started in Squadi though which is a bit of a poor system in my opinion. Clubs social media posts probably shouldn?t be the place to track who?s starting and who?s a substitute.
    I thought it was if you started a higher grade, you can't start a lower grader after. I'm sure many clubs have been in the situation this year being short of numbers with guys backing up from 3rds to Ressies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    I thought it was if you started a higher grade, you can't start a lower grader after. I'm sure many clubs have been in the situation this year being short of numbers with guys backing up from 3rds to Ressies.
    Thats how I always interpreted it as well. And I see no issue with that and the rule definitely needs changing if it is not the case.

Seems silly that regular uni 3rd graders missed out on playing last night so other higher grade players who will be away in a months time could have a game.

Westlakes vs Minmi Catchups
    3rd 1-2
    Res 1-0
    1st 1-2

Quote Originally Posted by MurderOnZidanesFloor View Post
    Uni 0-4 Dudley
    Mayfield 0-5 Suns
    Westlakes 1-5 Olympic
    Swansea 1-3 Warners Bay
    Cardiff 6-1 Swansea
    Kotara 4-0 Azzurri
    Cardiff play minmi