Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: 2024 NPL Men's

Zero Tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by AVB View Post
    The BarTV footage of NL first goal is unbelievable. Keeper caught it clean about half a meter in front of the line, and the assistant award a goal....how does that even happen.

Zero tolerance but...

The Zero tolerance nonsense doesn't cut the mustard. Week after week we see referees making bad calls with zero accountability. I agree it's a tough job and that abusing a referee is not acceptable. However, it is time we found a way to improve the standard of refereeing rather than simply accepting clear and obvious poor officiating. If the referees are better, then respect will follow organically.

It should be zero tolerance from an abuse of referees perspective. However, there needs to be a level of accountability where referees can reflect and learn from mistakes.

In terms of players and officials carrying on about the referee standards, I watched the Cooks Hill V New Lambton match on BarTV and the game was riddled with errors from both teams. Poor refereeing standards is a simple reflection of the poor player standards.

That's my 10 cents worth!

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    The Zero tolerance nonsense doesn't cut the mustard. Week after week we see referees making bad calls with zero accountability. I agree it's a tough job and that abusing a referee is not acceptable. However, it is time we found a way to improve the standard of refereeing rather than simply accepting clear and obvious poor officiating. If the referees are better, then respect will follow organically.

It should be zero tolerance from an abuse of referees perspective. However, there needs to be a level of accountability where referees can reflect and learn from mistakes.

In terms of players and officials carrying on about the referee standards, I watched the Cooks Hill V New Lambton match on BarTV and the game was riddled with errors from both teams. Poor refereeing standards is a simple reflection of the poor player standards.

It?s a pretty fair take. Although I will add this, the problem is that we currently have the best of a small pool, similar to how the standard of football isn?t great as there?s not enough ?npl quality? players at the moment. The only way to increase the standard is a combination of coaching (which is already happening) and increasing the pool of referees.

Referees are held accountable by NNSWF, I speak from experience, however, if there?s not enough quality to replace referees at a level, they can?t drop people too far because then they won?t have anyone capable of doing it that level.

I?ll also add that, and it?s not directed at you, if people are that concerned with the level of reffing, take it up yourself and see what it?s like, rather than being a keyboard warrior.

agree Mill
    just watched the 1st NL goal??????????
    wtf - in this circumstance no where near line, and goal awarded. i am sure Cooks Hill players and coaching staff would be livid with officiating last night, cost them 3 points basically.
    there should be an appeal put forward for draw,or rematch , if accepted by NNSW and stands, then the standard is set to continue, and more poor decisions to come.

The problem with saying "The football is poor, and the refereeing is poor" is that clubs aren?t the ones driving all these initiatives and criteria in professionalism.

If NNSW want to continue to demand clubs are meeting increasingly higher levels of professionalism off the field, then they too need to be accountable for their governance and management of the competition

I think CH last night would find it easier to shallow a shocking decision, if it didn?t now have a potential impact on their NPL status.

NNSW need to do less but do it to a higher quality. Spend less time constantly tinkering with a whole range of bullshit initiatives that may or may not improve anything and spend time getting the basics right of each inititive as they implement them e.g. refereeing performance so that the integrity can be maintained of a competition that now has pro/rel and subsequently $$$ impact to clubs.

The latest example of this, is the latest JDL review. This must be the 3rd interaction of SAP/JDL in the last ~5 years. How much benefit did the last 3 review have?

One thing at a time, and get it nailed before moving onto the next. Get the basics right first.

They?re to busy worrying about Pride round, Indigenous round, referees round, Mother?s Day round etc, that?s a Z league ref decision last night, not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by W8 WATCHER View Post
    agree Mill
    wtf - in this circumstance no where near line, and goal awarded.
    From the same video you all watched it looked to me like the ref got a call from his assistant and they had a better angle on it than you all saw on the video.You are all guessing with less info than they had out on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by W8 WATCHER View Post
    agree Mill
    wtf - in this circumstance no where near line,
    In relation to the view from half way, I would say the ball was definitely near the goal line. Corner taker and goalkeeper in the best positions to judge. Clearly New Lambton putting forward the case that it was a goal and Cookers on the case that it was not, you would expect nothing different. At the end of the day, it's the officials job to adjudicate, which they did.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    They?re to busy worrying about Pride round, Indigenous round, referees round, Mother?s Day round etc, that?s a Z league ref decision last night, not good enough.
    After Fozphantom just insulted them, we now also need a Warhammer Round!!!

I?ve just watched the lakes v Adamstown and CooksHill v New Lambton games and both games have goals that I?m scratching my head about.
    The referee has final say, let?s move on. Bye the way my team lost.

Valentine vs Lake.
    Was the quickest goal of the season? It took Valo only 19 seconds to score.

Maitland coach getting out at the right time, Cookers now above them

Crap game between Charlestown and Cooks Hill. Winning team playing long ball.

Quote Originally Posted by chook View Post
    Getting ready for the new coach who also loves playing the long ball ????

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Getting ready for the new coach who also loves playing the long ball ????
    CH got a new coach?

Quote Originally Posted by AVB View Post
    CH got a new coach?
    First I've heard about it

Quote Originally Posted by chook View Post
    So what? Long ball, tikka takka etc, who cares. This isn't youth development. This is first grade NPL where the coach is paid to win. Looking pretty doesn't enter into it.

I think Azzurri really missed Boogaard. There was no one there to tell the referee when he was making a mistake.

Buds v olympic, 2.1 buds

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Buds v olympic, 2.1 buds
    Well that?s relegation done and dusted

Adamstown Rosebud are Newcastle Olympic's bogey team. That is now four seasons (maybe 5) in a row that Adamstown have beaten Olympic. It was a memorable night for the Buds with their U18 goalkeeper having to play the second half with the other three senior keepers out with injury. It's interesting that some believe it should be a 10 or 8 team competition, but this situation of 12 teams adds to the drama. Adamstown and New Lambton have both beaten teams above them in the last two weeks. Now it is getting interesting. It's not over until the fat lady plays her tunes!