Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: 2024 Premier Youth Leagues

Heres a good example of the progress some clubs are making,Stags are back in youth for the first time in a while.The did a great job to fill 5 teams,from my understanding the 13s and 14s have a fair few of their own JDL kids,where as the other grades were a mix of community and trialists.Here are there results going into the last round.
    18's - 0 wins/zero draws.
    16's - 0 wins/zero draws.
    15's - 0 wins/zero draws.
    14's - 2 wins/3 draws.
    13's - 4 wins/zero draws.
    To me that says that Toronto having a JDL program has given their youth a fair shot entering 13's.Next year the 18's will drop off and hopefully another good JDL crop comes through and get even better results.If Toronto didnt have JDL (like they didnt for the early years) would their youth now be getting the results? Would those kids be even playing?Who knows.But by providing the opportunities they have developed some talent and its not a dumb notion that within a short space of time Toronto could be back to being one of the premier youth programs.That can only be a good thing.And before anyone says it,their surrounding areas (edgeworth/lakes/central coast united) are all going great guns so its not as if they have stolen anyone elses players to build.

That is great, but what I suggested wouldn't have anything change in that regard...I never suggested to change or remove JDL...just that the next phase, the premier Boys League, should have appropriate tiering and for an entire season...this will help ambitious clubs to build upon success at the appropriate level they are currently at.

It is worth remembering too, people talk a lot about their not being enough talented kids. Perhaps worse, the lack of quality coaches to meet the needs of clubs and kids...how many quality coaches disappear each year after their kid is done, etc...we should try to keep more of those people involved wherever we can, IMO

Quote Originally Posted by WOW2.0 View Post
    That is great, but what I suggested wouldn't have anything change in that regard...I never suggested to change or remove JDL...just that the next phase, the premier Boys League, should have appropriate tiering and for an entire season...this will help ambitious clubs to build upon success at the appropriate level they are currently at.

It is worth remembering too, people talk a lot about their not being enough talented kids. Perhaps worse, the lack of quality coaches to meet the needs of clubs and kids...how many quality coaches disappear each year after their kid is done, etc...we should try to keep more of those people involved wherever we can, IMO
    Some good coaches are not wanted because they arent in the "inner circle" of the club. two way sword at times. Ive seen some awful coaches retained at NPL level even now. Easier to walk away and let the train crash happen.

Decoupling - looks like Weston, Midcoast, Cooks hill and New Lambton will drop out.

Hearing players have already jumped ship from one club going down. What's everyone thoughts on how this i benefiting the youth development?

So it looks like the youth divisions are set for the 2nd phase.There looks like only 1 change from last year which is Lakes staying in Div 1 and Weston going to Div 2.It will be interesting to see if any different Div 2 clubs end up going up.I think there will definitely be 1 maybe 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Cunning stunts View Post
    Hearing players have already jumped ship from one club going down. What's everyone thoughts on how this i benefiting the youth development?
    If players are dropping out half way through a season because they feel they deserve to be playing higher then they were always going to leave anyway,relegation is just a convenient excuse.I like the new system.I believe Lakes,Cooks Hill,New Lambton,Bel Swans,South Cardiff,Azzurri and Valo are all better than last year and they are the clubs flirting with going up and down over the past 2 years.I like now that those teams are now playing closer to their level and can improve again in the hope that they continue to improve like Lakes who now look like one of the overall strongest clubs in youth.Looks like the retention/recruiting process is about to get underway as well,good luck to everyone for the 2nd half of the year lets just all hope for less washouts.

Not really sure that anyone could say Cooks Hill or New Lambton are stronger than they were last year...I think both are much poorer.

Belswans is also a hard case to make. Last year they rompt in tier II before the split, and very nearly made it into tier I (missing out just on the last day)

Pro/Rel is good, makes it very interesting, but it really should be for an entire season.

Three tiers of 8, play each other 3 times...pro/rel at the end of the year (preferably by team, not club championship)...this would be the ideal model

Not really sure that anyone could say Cooks Hill or New Lambton are stronger than they were last year...I think both are much poorer.

Belswans is also a hard case to make. Last year they rompt in tier II before the split, and very nearly made it into tier I (missing out just on the last day)
    Yeah Im not going over your 2nd point again.Happy to disagree.Maybe wait and see how Cooks Hill and NL go for the rest of the year compared to this stage last year and then we can discuss whether their exposure to tier one helped or not.Belswans are better but so are the clubs around them so its made it harder for them to romp it in.Im not just dealing in results.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    Yeah Im not going over your 2nd point again.Happy to disagree.Maybe wait and see how Cooks Hill and NL go for the rest of the year compared to this stage last year and then we can discuss whether their exposure to tier one helped or not.Belswans are better but so are the clubs around them so its made it harder for them to romp it in.Im not just dealing in results.
    What other valid measurement can you offer?

We played in the 2nd division last year, after being relegated in the 2nd phase, those teams I named are not as good as they were last year...it's no criticism, it's just the way it is

I really don't think you understand the 3 tiers, the points you made previously were not contrary to the system it is today except, the teams play an entire season...it's not closed off at all as you seem to think

I really don't think you understand the 3 tiers, the points you made previously were not contrary to the system it is today except, the teams play an entire season...it's not closed off at all as you seem to think
    No,Im quite clear on how it works and support it.You would rather it be different.We disagree,thats all it is.

Heres a good example of the progress some clubs are making,Stags are back in youth for the first time in a while.The did a great job to fill 5 teams,from my understanding the 13s and 14s have a fair few of their own JDL kids,where as the other grades were a mix of community and trialists.Here are there results going into the last round.
    18's - 0 wins/zero draws.
    16's - 0 wins/zero draws.
    15's - 0 wins/zero draws.
    14's - 2 wins/3 draws.
    13's - 4 wins/zero draws.
    To me that says that Toronto having a JDL program has given their youth a fair shot entering 13's.Next year the 18's will drop off and hopefully another good JDL crop comes through and get even better results.If Toronto didnt have JDL (like they didnt for the early years) would their youth now be getting the results? Would those kids be even playing?Who knows.But by providing the opportunities they have developed some talent and its not a dumb notion that within a short space of time Toronto could be back to being one of the premier youth programs.That can only be a good thing.And before anyone says it,their surrounding areas (edgeworth/lakes/central coast united) are all going great guns so its not as if they have stolen anyone elses players to build.
    Stags 14s won their fifth on the trot ( I think ) last night. Augurs well for 13-14-15 in 2025. Hopefully we can pull a good 16-18 squad together

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    Stags 14s won their fifth on the trot ( I think ) last night. Augurs well for 13-14-15 in 2025. Hopefully we can pull a good 16-18 squad together
    Really happy to hear that.Well done to everyone out there they certainly seem on the right path.

Really happy to hear that.Well done to everyone out there they certainly seem on the right path.
    There's also a couple of really talented Tronno boys putting their hand up for the next intake of Jets

What happened between Hartley and Magic parting ways already