Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Maverick Sports Partners

Maverick Sports Partners

A new thread for everything related to our new ownership group and everything club related while under this ownership.
    The crossbar capers podcast had consortium representative Maurice Bisetto on their return podcast on Monday.
    He seems a pretty switched on business head who was positive about putting more resources into the club.
    They will be having him on their next podcast on Thursday so find their social media pages and submit some questions
    for Maurice if you have any.
    Jason Hoffman has been announced in the role of player welfare and community engagement offer.
    This is a positive for the club and hopefully we see the Hoff out and about in the community soon.
    Its no secret that under the previous ownership that we were run on the smell of an oil rag with limited resources.

A change although simple has been on the Jets social media sites, looking much more professional, also I did a change of seat with my membership and it went smoothly, little things count

Where’s our jets shaped caps ?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    A change although simple has been on the Jets social media sites, looking much more professional, also I did a change of seat with my membership and it went smoothly, little things count
    Yeah I upgraded my daughters membership and it was very quick and easy. So far so good.

Before we get too far, has the sale been completed yet?

Or is everything still subject to FA approval?
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Good point Thomas, and what has changed anyway, signs are a bottom of the table finish going by Robs signings
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Will also be getting Maurice (as well as Shane & Rob) on the Jetstream in the very near future. Will post up links to submit questions when that is locked in.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

SEN Breakfast radio has a regular segment called Sport and the Law with Lee Hagipantelis.
    Lee (Brydens Lawyers & formerly Wests Tigers) confirms that himself and Justin Pascoe (formerly Wests Tigers) have a 25% stake in the Newcastle Jets.
    He says it's mostly a Melbourne consortium. (Lee and Justin are in Sydney)
    I have heard Maurice say he is a Director and we know he is from Melbourne.
    Lee says that once he and Justin weren't involved at the Tigers they had spare time and started to look for possible sports ownership options.
    He indicates that the Jets price (low) was a key factor in why they were interested. ie. A-league stocks are low at the moment and they feel there is great growth potential in Newcastle.
    When asked if they were worried about the lower amount provided by the APL, he said they already budgeted for worst case scenario options so they weren't concerned at this stage.
    He does go on to say that teams need to find alternate ways for revenue instead of just relying on league distribution and tv rights money.
    He mentions that there can be good money made from player transfers.
    Also says that the next tv rights contract will be interesting and important for clubs.

I'm sure this is all information most of us already know but I thought I would pass it on.
    I would say that club owners will be absolutely hanging out for an improved League contribution in 2 more years time.
    It may well decide the current future of some clubs and the League itself.

Cheers mate
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Thanks Roger

The basket case of West Tigers NRL club over the last decade or so, leaves me a little nervous.

Could be great for us, as they are both very experienced operators. NRL for all their downfalls, seem a well run competition and know how to play the media. Their time at west tigers they were very involved with the club and operations giving interviews etc.

Cautious, but excited.

Do we know yet if they’ve passed the Football Australia vibe check yet?
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

No idea if they have passed the checks.
    Any time the question is asked its always a few more weeks.
    Considering they have already announced the new ownership we may not get any further announcement.

Robert Camilleri is from Melbourne and has links to some companies that were reported to be connected to our owners.
    I wonder if he is part of the consortium.
    Robert and Maurice are connected through Moreland City FC. Possibly played there together.
    Last edited by R Ramjet; 10-07-2024 at 11:25 AM. Reason: updated

Quote Originally Posted by R Ramjet View Post
    Robert Camilleri is from Melbourne and has links to some companies that were reported to be connected to our owners.
    I wonder if he is part of the consortium.
    Robert and Maurice are connected through Moreland City FC. Possibly played there together.
    Outstanding work Roger, you are becoming a subject matter expert on this topic, thanks again

Newcastle Herald Article says we have appointed Ken Schembri as our new General Manager of Football.
    Was Joel Griffiths our General Manager of football at one stage ?
    *whispers, Ken has joined us from the mariners.

Thanks for all the info, Mr Ramjet..

Quote Originally Posted by R Ramjet View Post
    *whispers, Ken has joined us from the mariners.
    As you're driving around Lambton lads be mindful not to run over any of the chickens that are coming home to roost.

This is what you all wanted.

hashtagjusticeforcon

Ist order of business is for Mav to tell the APL where they can stick the scheduling for the lets make some shit up round because Danny T's incompetence sold off the GF.

Having one of the Derby games moved to Sydney just demonstrates how frigg'n low and dopey the APL remain after DT left the builiding to move overseas and screw something up at his new corporate destination.

Its an uphill battle getting crowds and generating atmosphere at an A League game as it is and these numpties want to take one of the games of the season that really resonates with both clubs sets of members n supporters is just plain corporate incompetence n bastardry.

Just when you think shit couldn't get worse you get hit with another own goal, Screw it and those who made this decision. Both clubs supporters should rile up and have this reversed.
    Last edited by 380; 11-07-2024 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Ist order of business is for Mav to tell the APL where they can stick the scheduling for the lets make some shit up round because Danny T's incompetence sold off the GF.

Having one of the Derby games moved to Sydney just demonstrates how frigg'n low and dopey the APL remain after DT left the builiding to move overseas and screw something up at his new corporate destination.

Its an uphill battle getting crowds and generating atmosphere at an A League game as it is and these numpties want to take one of the games of the season that really resonates with both clubs sets of members n supporters is just plain corporate incompetence n bastardry.

Just when you think shit couldn't get worse you get hit with another own goal, Screw it and those who made this decision. Both clubs supporters should rile up and have this reversed.
    100% agree, Imagine taking the manchester derby to Liverpool? Or the Merseyside Derby to Manchester?

Ridiculous