Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Premier Youth Leagues

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    I was told that Rosebuds needed to only win the first game (13's) to get their PPG average above NIAS and guarantee promotion.They played the first game,won,got their PPG over NIAS then the rest of the games were called off due to weather.Pretty lucky huh.Anyway,they would have won at least one more game that day but luckily it all worked out for them and they stay up.The bigger issue is that if teams got 3 points for the win against a club that didnt field a team then Kahibah would still be in Div 2 and Rosebuds would be down.It turns out Kahibah were the only club that was punished for Rosebuds and NIAS not fielding teams.

PPG still would've come into play, even if we give Kahibah 3 points as Adamstown had a better PPG means they would be going up since all their games had not being played. You say they would've won one more game anyway which is true so that would put them on 75, not only 2 points ahead of Kahibah if they were given the 3 put also further ahead on PPG.

Also Adamstown didn't need to win just one game against Singleton, according to Northern before the weekend their PPG was 1.53 compared to NIAS 1.47 and Kahibah on 1.47 so were ahead of both anyway. It would've made more sense for Adamstown to play no games just to ensure they stay up.

I was told by one Kahibah coach that they knew they weren't going to get in about a month ago and so were just focusing on the second phase now in the bottom tier so much so that they had given teams off from training. Perhaps they could've kept trying to get more wins rather than giving up early on. Northern didn't punish them, they punished themselves by resigning to defeat too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by WOW2.0 View Post
    A couple of teams have some catchup games

Olympic and New Lambton have an entire round against each other
    And Valentine and Weston have a catchup in 18s

No idea how these will be caught up in a fair manner, i.e. what is in those games for the relegated teams; how will this effect placings at the end of the season for tier 1 (who don?t reset their points), etc
    These will be marked as 0-0 draws and considered as played. Northern won't be using PPG to determine finals placings with Phase 1 games not being played.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    If those clubs can get more points with 4 teams than other clubs with 5 teams that suggests the 4 teams at Adamstown/NIAS are 4 strong teams and will compete strongly. Isn?t that the reason for the split so the teams are all relatively ?even?
    Yep, if you can't get ahead with an extra game every week do you deserve to be there anyway? The split is meant to make it more like for like and the whole reason for doing it by club is so clubs focus on their full program rather than just caring about one or two really good teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    Also Adamstown didn't need to win just one game against Singleton, according to Northern before the weekend their PPG was 1.53 compared to NIAS 1.47 and Kahibah on 1.47 so were ahead of both anyway. It would've made more sense for Adamstown to play no games just to ensure they stay up.
    Would they have called all 4 games draws if they were washed out?I assumed because Rosebuds were 3 points behind NIAS and 1 behind Kahibah at the start of the day they needed to be even on points before PPG was factored in.I was told overall points was the only thing they used to determine standings and PPG was only used if clubs were tied.Regardless,we all agree Rosebuds with 4 teams doing better than clubs with 5 is a good achievement.Lets hope they can field full teams next year and like Azzurri bounce straight back.

Would they have called all 4 games draws if they were washed out?I assumed because Rosebuds were 3 points behind NIAS and 1 behind Kahibah at the start of the day they needed to be even on points before PPG was factored in.I was told overall points was the only thing they used to determine standings and PPG was only used if clubs were tied.Regardless,we all agree Rosebuds with 4 teams doing better than clubs with 5 is a good achievement.Lets hope they can field full teams next year and like Azzurri bounce straight back.
    No if they were all washed out it would've been deemed as games not played. As per the rules if not all games are played than PPG is taken into consideration to determine final standings if the team winning the unplayed games would put them above on points. Doesn't matter if they were ahead or behind. PPG is only used if not all games are played and the results over those unplayed games would result in them finishing above, if it does then PPG is taken into account. If all games had been played then if even on points it goes to who got the most points against the team they are tied against. If that is even then it goes to the club with the highest goal difference and then the club with the most goals and then the club with the least cards.

Had Adamstown played those final two games and lost both (very unlikely) then since when Adamstown and NIAS played each other they had 1 win and 1 draw each then it would go to goal difference which would be NIAS going up. It was in Adamstown interests to not even play the U13s since their PPG was already higher.

Lets hope they can field full teams next year and like Azzurri bounce straight back.
    If they don't then Adamstown has had their year grace and according to Northern if you don't have 5 youth teams you can't be in NPL, will Northern follow their rules and also relegate Adamstown if they fail to field 5 teams next year.

As per the rules if not all games are played than PPG is taken into consideration to determine final standings if the team winning the unplayed games would put them above on points. Doesn't matter if they were ahead or behind. PPG is only used if not all games are played and the results over those unplayed games would result in them finishing above, if it does then PPG is taken into account. If all games had been played then if even on points it goes to who got the most points against the team they are tied against. If that is even then it goes to the club with the highest goal difference and then the club with the most goals and then the club with the least cards.

Had Adamstown played those final two games and lost both (very unlikely) then since when Adamstown and NIAS played each other they had 1 win and 1 draw each then it would go to goal difference which would be NIAS going up. It was in Adamstown interests to not even play the U13s since their PPG was already higher.
    Haha,clear as mud mate.Thank god I didnt even try and work that out my small brain would have snapped.

Bigger issue is do NO get to play NL? Can be a difference for the Premiership in DIV 1 in some age groups if points are continuing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Bigger issue is do NO get to play NL? Can be a difference for the Premiership in DIV 1 in some age groups if points are continuing.
    Understand the answer is No it will be classed as a draw. NO should be putting pressure on NNSWF to have them played. I'm sure NL would rather not

Understand the answer is No it will be classed as a draw. NO should be putting pressure on NNSWF to have them played. I'm sure NL would rather not
    If pro-rel happaned at the end of the season, not in the middle...there would be plenty of time to catch up these games

Northern also wouldn't have to dick around with a new draw either

Plus parents and kids that start having casual jobs can plan holidays and work availability in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Forever View Post
    Plus parents and kids that start having casual jobs can plan holidays and work availability in advance.
    Apart from the extension regardless of the draw you know what weekends you're playing anyway, so no reason why holidays still can't be planned.

I do believe though that had we not had to have the extension the draw for this phase would've come out 2 weeks before round 1

You may know there will be a game on X weekend, but you won't know which day...that does make it hard to organise leave for any "long weekend" you may want to take

You may know there will be a game on X weekend, but you won't know which day...that does make it hard to organise leave for any "long weekend" you may want to take
    Same thing happens in the finals,do you want them abolished just so it doesnt interupt anyones schedule?I know its a hill you are willing to die on,but the current system isnt perfect,neither was the last one,and nor will the next one.We really just need to move on.

Same thing happens in the finals,do you want them abolished just so it doesnt interupt anyones schedule?I know its a hill you are willing to die on,but the current system isnt perfect,neither was the last one,and nor will the next one.We really just need to move on.
    Finals affects a period of what, 2 weeks (half the clubs will already know they are not involved)...this redrawing affects half a season and all clubs 🤷

No one is taking about perfection, simply little improvements that can be made

Just to tidy up something,the tables have been updated with carry over points for Div 1 and the NL v Olympic games have been put down as a draw.

So has the Weston v Valentine games

Reminder, no top team should plan holidays straight after a scheduled GF. We've seen these put back a week more than once.

Does anyone think they will try and fill that vacant 12th spot in Div 2 next year.

To me, CGU would be a good inclusion...they already participate in our SAP/JDL structure...and would not impact current clubs pool a great deal

CCU sorry...damn auto fill

I guess that’d be a ccu decision…would they be better off in NSW NYL 3 or the NNSW NYL structure? And would a decision to move to NNSW NYL impact on their place in FNSW League 2? A lot to consider overall.

Does anyone think they will try and fill that vacant 12th spot in Div 2 next year.

To me, CGU would be a good inclusion...they already participate in our SAP/JDL structure...and would not impact current clubs pool a great deal
    CCU are happy playing in Sydney doubt they will move in.

I think the intention is to allow a Zone League club to take the spot. While Suns are up top of ZL1, wouldn't be surprised if Kotara are in talks they had an age group compete in each of the age groups for the Youth Cup this year.