Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pre-Game Tailgate location for upcoming season

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Fair play to you if you can get it happening, Dezy. The risks (personal, financial, otherwise) are always there but if you can get it off the ground then that's great. Wish you the best of luck.
    Cheers, thanks for that. I think the way to make it work would to create some pre-season hype leading up to the first match against Melbourne City on the 19th of October as a Season opening event. Because we won't be playing at home again until December, this almost makes it a one-off event and gives people quite a while to see if they want to do it again.

New owners
    20 years of the A-League

some good reasons to gather and reminisce and try and bring back the good times.
    Last edited by Dezy1; 09-09-2024 at 02:09 PM.

The carpark doesn't have an official name yet. It would be good to name it and get the council to pay for that name. Any ideas?

It would be great if Jets supporters came up with names for:
    the pedestrian bridge across styx creek off Perth Road
    the pedestrian bridge over Lambton Ker-rai creek
    and the walking tracks along styx creek and lambton ker-rai creek

If they don't have names yet they may as well have Jets related names

Griffo's Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Dezy1 View Post
    The carpark doesn't have an official name yet. It would be good to name it and get the council to pay for that name. Any ideas?

It would be great if Jets supporters came up with names for:
    the pedestrian bridge across styx creek off Perth Road
    the pedestrian bridge over Lambton Ker-rai creek
    and the walking tracks along styx creek and lambton ker-rai creek

If they don't have names yet they may as well have Jets related names
    If they were to name any of them which i don't think the Council will ever do, they're more likely to name them after Knights players tbh. Whether you agree with it or not, The Knights have had a bigger impact than the Jets/United/Breakers have.
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    If they were to name any of them which i don't think the Council will ever do, they're more likely to name them after Knights players tbh. Whether you agree with it or not, The Knights have had a bigger impact than the Jets/United/Breakers have.
    More for our benefit and our traditions than anything else, but if something becomes known by an unofficial name for a sustained period it makes sense to keep it that way.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1241010937070259

Hi guys, can you please do me a favour and like the "Jets Pre-Game Meet-Up" facebook group so I can start building a profile for it for the broader Jets fanbase?

Thank you!!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1241010937070259

Hi guys, can you please do me a favour and like the "Jets Pre-Game Meet-Up" facebook group so I can start building a profile for it for the broader Jets fanbase?

Thank you!!!
    Hmmmmm.

Compiling lists and taking names.

Def not Fed behaviour.

Nope not at all

#stayalertnotalarmed

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Hmmmmm.

Compiling lists and taking names.

Def not Fed behaviour.

Nope not at all

#stayalertnotalarmed
    Poll in the group has no Slobs option.

Definitely a Fed
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Poll in the group has no Slobs option.

Definitely a Fed
    haha, I forgot about slobs. It has been a while since I've been on this forum. Jeez, I knew q-money when he was still quotient FFS.

Andy Roberts just gave the group a like in the Newcastle Jets Football Family Supporters facebook group. Not bad having a former captain like the idea.

haha, I forgot about slobs. It has been a while since I've been on this forum. Jeez, I knew q-money when he was still quotient FFS.
    & slobmenob

Up to 38 group members. So far so good!

Quote Originally Posted by Killa View Post
    Just out of interest, do you believe you will actually get a decent number of people attending this yank shit? I'll be surprised many, if any attend. Tailgaiting is just not a thing that people have any interest in doing here, or probably don't know about it

People go to the General Roberts, the Premier or Wests because its nearby and thats where everybody usually goes anyway. I know I go to meet up with my mates in either one of those. An easy place to go have a feed, a few drinks and a punt on something as well.
    Killa,

So as this looks like it is going to be a thing for at least the Season Opener, how likely would it be for you and your mates to switch from the GR, Premier or Wests to the Thirsty Messiah? I don't think you can punt there but you can always use SportsBet.

I just think it would be great to have as many people as possible in the one general area, even if some stay inside and some migrate from outside to inside the brewery.

Its something different and considering the dearth of options around the stadium - why not try it and see if people join in?
    I get this forum is a haven of the negative and opinionated (its the only reason ive kept it going tbh) but **** me, maybe give something a chance rather than automatically shitting all over it ffs
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quite interested in this/thirsty messiah becoming a potential pregame pub. It has a great selection of beers. Only negative is they don't sell spirits so it's beer, cider and wine I believe.

Last game of last season againgst the mariners we were told to quieten down at the Gr as we were chanting in the outdoor area.

Anyone been there before games? Is it mainly jets fans there?

Rippit golf is another option (site of old tenzo).

I really wanna see some old faces this season now we have an owner.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    I reckon this might be a goer

I'll be going to games with my kids which will kind of limit us to the 5 p.m. kick offs, but that's most of the games this season thankfully

having the car there will also reduce the likelihood of me being a terrible, drunken father and embarrassing my children yet again