Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1656646566
Results 1,301 to 1,314 of 1314

Thread: 2024 Zone League 1

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    That was the best loss ive ever seen in a game of footy. Grand finals show things that are so bizarre. The theatre of it all is the best. Those 8 players in black & white need to be immortals at that club.
    Who will be the big hitters next year to march Suns in ZL1 now Dudley gone?
    Preach it - incredible effort from those left on the park

Olympic will be strong again next year. Uni were the surprise team of 2024 and were minutes from making the big dance. Their biggest challenge has always been continuity with young players moving here to study and potentially moving on.
    Cardiff were good at times and are building.
    Croatia will be a force - looks like they have some real firepower but the discipline is not where it should be. That squad kept tight and disciplined will challenge most teams.
    Bring on 2025 !

Quote Originally Posted by ZLWB View Post

Olympic will be strong again next year. Uni were the surprise team of 2024 and were minutes from making the big dance. Their biggest challenge has always been continuity with young players moving here to study and potentially moving on.
    Croatia will be a force - looks like they have some real firepower but the discipline is not where it should be. That squad kept tight and disciplined will challenge most teams.
    Bring on 2025 !
    The better clubs will already be recruiting for 25 now.

Quote Originally Posted by ZLWB View Post

Bring on 2025 !

Cardiff may be a big danger next year, but if they lose there coach to the suns could make things difficult for the Tigers.

Good to see Reece Papas celebrating with the Croatia boys Saturday night….can they pull that signing off?

Quote Originally Posted by Blueboy View Post
    What a performance by the ref . Wow , not sure I?ve seen a worse one. 2 players from ressies get sent for running in.
    Foteff runs from 20 and gets a yellow . Big brave Tserapas hasn?t made a tackle in his life and thinks he?s going to fight once his mates are around him.
    To be fair it?s not like Alex needed to know how to fight with that clown who was throwing punches like a fairy. Then the Oompa Loompa tried to start fights in the stands because the crowed called him a grub. Must have been his dad. The crowed weren?t lying LOL

For someone that doesn’t see too much of this grade I thought it was a total embarrassment to football.

More so the Dudley fans. 5 red cards from the club on GF day is disgraceful. The carry on off then field was just as bad and embarrassing.
    Young men who couldn’t handle their grog. I will admit the megaphone was annoying also but I did see duty officer take it and walked past us in stands so not sure how they got I back.
    Lots saying suns fans were the trouble but I’ll call it how I seen it and say apart from the megaphone and some bad banter they were not so bad. Dudley fans on other hand using some pretty embarrassing racist calls. I even seen a Dudley fan walk over to suns fans to start a fight which was quickly defused by security. Didn’t see any suns fans do that.
    Anyway the quality of football was just as bad as the off field drama. I’m glad I didn’t have to pay to watch that, and even happier I didn’t bring my kids to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamtime Yowie View Post
    To be fair it?s not like Alex needed to know how to fight with that clown who was throwing punches like a fairy. Then the Oompa Loompa tried to start fights in the stands because the crowed called him a grub. Must have been his dad. The crowed weren?t lying LOL
    And there is the biased grub explanation from another Suns muppet. You had the rub of the green from the ref. Which happens. No problem.
    Pretending your fans didnt act like aholes is usual. Yawn. Any team who cant put 5 goals on 8 players is poor.
    How about disappear. No one would care if you went missing. lolol

BTW it was a great game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    And there is the biased grub explanation from another Suns muppet. You had the rub of the green from the ref. Which happens. No problem.
    Pretending your fans didnt act like aholes is usual. Yawn. Any team who cant put 5 goals on 8 players is poor.

BTW it was a great game.
    Suns muppet ?
    How old are you?honestly. Grow up

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post

BTW it was a great game.
    Suns muppet? What are you on about you creep.
    I don’t follow either team I just went to watch the game and mainly check out the canteen which didn’t disappoint. I couldn’t give 2 craps about your rivalry with them, I’m just telling you what I seen and you don’t like it. How about you and your mates suck it up and stop crying about losing.
    8 men or not, your club are the idiots that can’t control your players or your fans. Looking at the standard of your players you’ll be back in ZL1 in no time. Suns players didn’t look the fittest on the pitch but technically way better than Dudley’s. Sorry if my opinions on the game hurt your feelings princess.

I don?t follow either team I just went to watch the game and mainly check out the canteen which didn?t disappoint. I couldn?t give 2 craps about your rivalry with them, I?m just telling you what I seen and you don?t like it. How about you and your mates suck it up and stop crying about losing.
    8 men or not, your club are the idiots that can?t control your players or your fans. Looking at the standard of your players you?ll be back in ZL1 in no time. Suns players didn?t look the fittest on the pitch but technically way better than Dudley?s. Sorry if my opinions on the game hurt your feelings princess.
    Hate to break it to you but Big Jim ain?t a Dudley supporter he?s a neutral between these 2 teams

I don’t follow either team I just went to watch the game and mainly check out the canteen which didn’t disappoint. I couldn’t give 2 craps about your rivalry with them, I’m just telling you what I seen and you don’t like it. How about you and your mates suck it up and stop crying about losing.
    8 men or not, your club are the idiots that can’t control your players or your fans. Looking at the standard of your players you’ll be back in ZL1 in no time. Suns players didn’t look the fittest on the pitch but technically way better than Dudley’s. Sorry if my opinions on the game hurt your feelings princess.
    No, the Suns fans just congregated in their active supporter bubble, and delivered plenty of low slurs over the megaphone. Calling a Dudley res grade player a coward throughout the game, personally insulting both Dudley 1st grade coaches, and intimidating female Dudley supporters. That's incitement.

No excuse for the Dudley supporters who called the Suns supporters on or delivered racial slurs, but when personal insults are delivered over the megaphone for an extended period, people do dumb shit.

You say you were an impartial fan who went there mainly for the canteen, but then call someone an Oompa Loompa. No problem with your opinion on the football, but is your personal comment and the personal comments over the megaphone any different to a racial slur?

Quote Originally Posted by prawnhead View Post
    No, the Suns fans just congregated in their active supporter bubble, and delivered plenty of low slurs over the megaphone. Calling a Dudley res grade player a coward throughout the game, personally insulting both Dudley 1st grade coaches, and intimidating female Dudley supporters. That's incitement.

No excuse for the Dudley supporters who called the Suns supporters on or delivered racial slurs, but when personal insults are delivered over the megaphone for an extended period, people do dumb shit.

You say you were an impartial fan who went there mainly for the canteen, but then call someone an Oompa Loompa. No problem with your opinion on the football, but is your personal comment and the personal comments over the megaphone any different to a racial slur?
    Don?t be silly, none of that happened
    Dreamtime dopey was in the stands and heard and seen it all.

I can?t believe some fool above mentioned that he was glad he did not have to pay to see that. This was probably the most entertaining local football GF I have ever seen.

Grand finals are mainly about drama and this one delivered on that in spades

When do you ever see a team go down to 8 players let alone take the lead with that number with about 5mins left to play?

Quote Originally Posted by Zonal Marking View Post
    I can?t believe some fool above mentioned that he was glad he did not have to pay to see that. This was probably the most entertaining local football GF I have ever seen.

Grand finals are mainly about drama and this one delivered on that in spades

When do you ever see a team go down to 8 players let alone take the lead with that number with about 5mins left to play?
    I agree, as a neutral. My first time going to watch this tier of football too.

Was hugely entertaining. Best atmosphere I have seen locally (NPL and Jets games).

2 of my 3 kids went and they loved it too...the banter they heard on the hill area was reasonably hilarious too.

Lack of discipline clearly cost Dudley.

That disallowed goal from Suns (from the premature whistle) was a really top shot...he got some great curve on that ball!!!

And another up vote for the Souvlaki's at Darling Street!!!