Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: 2024 Zone League 2

If the keeper drops the ball, his allowed to pick it back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Builtwithlove18 View Post
    If the keeper drops the ball, his allowed to pick it back up.
    🤣🤣🤣 sorry i should know that

Quote Originally Posted by Toaf View Post
    🤣🤣🤣 sorry i should know that
    Well you are making comments like you know the rules?

Go back and watch the incident yourself and youll see its not a traditional keeper *bouncing* the ball after claiming it
    He even knows he f*** up and got rid of the ball quick smart. But i dont know the rules so my mistake 👋

If a keeper drops the ball his allowed to pick it back up regardless if it’s bouncing or not. Yes it is your mistake.

It depends if the goal keeper lost control of the ball or not, if in control regular bouncing then yes he is allowed to continue to handle it, if he lost control then no he isn't allowed to touch it with his hands and an indirect free kick should be awarded.

So Toaf does know what he is taking about.

Always amusing when goalkeepers find out about this rule the hard way, fortunately refs don't always know what losing control is.
    Last edited by Taffy; 24-09-2024 at 09:31 AM.

The irony.

Quote Originally Posted by Zone Insider View Post
    He has a point to a degree. You could argue they under achieved the first 2 seasons and the coach was lucky to keep his job.

This year is different.
    You do realise that the club started from scratch in 2022, still managed to win the GF that year and again in 2023. The club has steadily built on and improved it's squad from that first season so saying it "underachieved" in the first 2 seasons is ridiculous.
    Four Trophies in 3 seasons plus the added bonus of the NNSW Community Plate this year and promotion to the third tier of NNSW Football.
    Newcastle Croatia doing their talking on the Football field where it matters....just like we said we would.
    Over and out for ZL2

Quote Originally Posted by Toaf View Post
    Go back and watch the incident yourself and youll see its not a traditional keeper *bouncing* the ball after claiming it
    He even knows he f*** up and got rid of the ball quick smart. But i dont know the rules so my mistake 👋
    Is there a video, (and a time stamp) I'm curious

Quote Originally Posted by WOW2.0 View Post
    Is there a video, (and a time stamp) I'm curious
    https://www.bartvsports.com.au/footb...ern-united-fc/
    Stream Time 47min, Game Time 36min.

100% should have been an indirect free kick for keeper regathering ball after losing control. Would have been hilarious if penalty awarded for defender knocking ball out with his arm when celebrating with keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by NewHere View Post

100% should have been an indirect free kick for keeper regathering ball after losing control. Would have been hilarious if penalty awarded for defender knocking ball out with his arm when celebrating with keeper.
    Yep that's pretty clear cut. Can only assume the referee and lino have got their back turned or away from the play there?

Seems like i do know the rules 🎣🎣

Thank you

I've watched and thought I'd share my thoughts (which everyone is free to disagree with )

How I see that...

GK catches the ball, stopping it's momentum. At this point in time play has stopped.
    Therefore I'd suggest that his dropping the ball through his "exhuberent" celebration is not a foul according to Law 12 as the ball is not in play at the time.

This is how I interpret it from reading
    Law 12, Law 14 and the summary of rules on page 72 of Football NSW (that states/interprets if the penalty is caught, play stops and so there is no offence in this instance)

Thank you

I've watched and thought I'd share my thoughts (which everyone is free to disagree with )

How I see that...

GK catches the ball, stopping it's momentum. At this point in time play has stopped.
    Therefore I'd suggest that his dropping the ball through his "exhuberent" celebration is not a foul according to Law 12 as the ball is not in play at the time.

Law 12, Law 14 and the summary of rules on page 72 of Football NSW (that states/interprets if the penalty is caught, play stops and so there is no offence in this instance)

Not sure where that is Law 9 Ball is out of play when it has wholly passed over the goal line or touchline on the ground or in the air or play has been stopped by the referee or it touches a match official, remains on the field of play and: a team starts a promising attack or the ball goes directly into the goal or the team in possession of the ball changes. The ball is in play at all other times. And a ball is in play from a penalty kick once the kick is taken and clearly moves.

You don’t lol

Thank you

How I see that...

Thanks to the offer to disagree. It's not the dropping the ball that is the offence, it is the picking the ball up. Not sure why you think play stops once keeper has caught it (you may be confusing it with the situation in a penalty shoot-out.)

Anyway, here is Law 12, may need to go to the NRL bunker to determine who had the last touch.
    An indirect free kick is awarded if a goalkeeper, inside their penalty area,
    commits any of the following offences:
    ? controls the ball with the hand/arm for more than six seconds before releasing
    it
    ? touches the ball with the hand/arm after releasing it and before it has touched
    another player

? touches the ball with the hand/arm, unless the goalkeeper has clearly kicked
    or attempted to kick the ball to release it into play, after:
    ? it has been deliberately kicked to the goalkeeper by a team-mate
    ? receiving it directly from a throw-in taken by a team-mate

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    Not sure where that is Law 9 Ball is out of play when it has wholly passed over the goal line or touchline on the ground or in the air or play has been stopped by the referee or it touches a match official, remains on the field of play and: a team starts a promising attack or the ball goes directly into the goal or the team in possession of the ball changes. The ball is in play at all other times. And a ball is in play from a penalty kick once the kick is taken and clearly moves.
    Until it stops moving...which includes being caught/put in control by the goal keeper...or if it ran out of momentum on it's own

That is with the cited Football NSW simplified laws breakdown

I'd give a link, but it's a PDF and gives n exceptionally long URL

Until it stops moving...which includes being caught/put in control by the goal keeper...or if it ran out of momentum on it's own

That is with the cited Football NSW simplified laws breakdown

I'd give a link, but it's a PDF and gives n exceptionally long URL
    I've looked at your Football NSW reference and those conditions only relate to when the penalty is the 'last kick of the half or the game'. That was not the case in this game, as half time in the game had not occurred. These are the words from your reference "If the half is extended to allow a penalty kick to be taken, the half ends after the kick has been taken and when: ... stops moving (including being held by the goalkeeper)"

Unfortunately you have arrived at the wrong conclusion when armed with a little bit of information.

Reference here. https://footballnsw.com.au/wp-conten...ified-LOTG.pdf

I've looked at your Football NSW reference and those conditions only relate to when the penalty is the 'last kick of the half or the game'. That was not the case in this game, as half time in the game had not occurred. These are the words from your reference "If the half is extended to allow a penalty kick to be taken, the half ends after the kick has been taken and when: ... stops moving (including being held by the goalkeeper)"

Unfortunately you have arrived at the wrong conclusion when armed with a little bit of information.

Reference here. https://footballnsw.com.au/wp-conten...ified-LOTG.pdf
    Fair comment, I concede

So out of all that we worked out people have different opinions lol - like the ref did